Monday 27 January 2020

Voice

Do they ever make men who respect voices just for their content, ever?

When a man criticises, no matter how harsh or blatant he is, he gives a constructive feedback. But when a woman criticises, no matter how involved or polite she is, she gets hyper, she says inappropriate things and she doesn't listen!

When a man speaks loudly, he has a loud voice! But when a woman speaks loudly, she yells, she gets angry and she has an ego!

When a man wishes to lead a group, he has leadership qualities. But when a woman wishes to lead a group, she is bossy, she is dominating and she is adamant!

This list can go on and add to my existing frustration with every passing word! Let me make it extremely clear that this isn't a comparison between men and women. At the same time, being a woman in a man's world, this is something I deal with, witness and even succumb to (How I hate myself for it!) regularly! By the way, I am being extremely polite by using the word 'regularly' in the previous statement!

Dear Men, please know that, no matter who is criticising or speaking loudly or wanting to take some lead, if the content is worthy, it should't matter who says it! If you can take a man criticising or speaking loudly or taking a lead, there is no reason why you should undermine a woman doing it! 

No comments:

If I am a memory

  Our meeting was a stroke of serendipity, There was no history neither familiarity. Yet we bonded like a house on fire! So if I am a memory...