Chocolate indulgence is one of the best stress busters for many. Those of you who live off chocolates really don't need any further explanation. This one is specifically dedicated to the chocolate addicts.
This recipe is borrowed from this site but modified by me for matching my family's dietary restrictions and taste buds.
Makes - 6 nos.
All you need -
- 1 egg
- 60 ml buttermilk
- 60 ml vegetable oil
- 30 ml room temperature coco (made from 30 ml water and 1/2 tea spoon of coco powder)
- 1/2 tea spoon vanilla extract
- 113 gms wheat flour
- 12.5 gms unsweetened coco powder
- 102.5 gms light brown sugar
- 1/4 tea spoon baking powder
- 1/2 tea spoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 100 gms chocolate chips
How to make -
- Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees C (or 375 degrees F). Place the oven rack in the center of the oven. Line 6 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, oil, room temperature coco and vanilla extract.
- In another large bowl whisk together the flour, coco powder, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- With a rubber spatula fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir only until the ingredients are combined. Do not over mix the batter or the muffins will be tough.
- Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter. Place in the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. It takes around 18-23 minutes depending upon the oven size.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let it cool for about 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan. Can be stored at room temperature for a few days or they can be frozen.