Monday 7 September 2009

To, My Dear Sworn Sister...


In China they have a term called as sworn sister/brother. The explanation goes this way - two people toast to their friendship forever. Just before that, they put a drop of their blood in the others glass and take a sip. This implies - "Even though we are not born to the same parents, we swear to be brothers/ sisters until death parts us. As a token of this oath, we drink each others blood."

Wu Shuang, my dear friend from China told me about this custom first and then called me her sworn sister. I ran out of words to reciprocate her love and affection for me! I miss you my dear Shuang Shuang!!! :-( This post is dedicated to you for everything you gave me and for making my stay at China so memorable! :-)

Yours,
Sniggi :-)

p.s: Shuang Shuang is her pet name by me, and Sniggi is my pet name by her!

If I am a memory

  Our meeting was a stroke of serendipity, There was no history neither familiarity. Yet we bonded like a house on fire! So if I am a memory...